This month, we are celebrating the one year anniversary of SQL Server 2012, and we’d like to give a little shout out to our community to say, “Happy anniversary!” We can hardly believe that it was just one year ago that SQL Server 2012 was released to manufacturing. When we take a look back at how far we’ve come over the past year since this exciting occasion, we’re amazed by all the fantastic moments we’ve enjoyed with you! From the release of the TechNet Radio SQL Server 2012 and Fantastic 12 of 2012 series last year, to the great events we’ve attended together like PASS Summit and Strata, we are proud to continue this great journey onward with you!
On this first anniversary of SQL Server 2012, we are well over 63,000 fans strong on the SQL Server Facebook page, and nearly 128,000 fans strong on the SQL Server Twitter channel. So, to say thank you for your enthusiasm and support over the past year, we’d like to celebrate with a daily sweepstakes where we will give out a Microsoft/SQL Server branded swag pack to one of our amazing community members, each day in April, beginning tomorrow.
To enter the daily sweepstakes:
- You must be following the @SQLServer Twitter account;
- Beginning April 4th, 2013, watch for the SQL Server Anniversary Sweepstakes “question of the day” to be posted by @SQLServer at approximately 9 am PDT each day.
- From your account, reply with an answer to the question of the day to @SQLServer;
- Your tweeted reply must include the hashtag “#sql2012anniversary”;
- Your entire tweeted reply should be no longer than 130 characters in length including the #sqlanniversary hashtag;
- You may only reply to the Sweepstakes question of the day on the day that it is posted; you must enter each daily prize period separately. (A “day’ begins at 9 am PT and ends at 11:59 pm PT each day during the Sweepstakes entry period.)
- A qualifying reply is your entry into the Sweepstakes.
- You may only submit one response to the question per day. If you submit more than one response, all of your responses (including the first) will be disqualified for the day;
- Prizes are limited to one prize per promotional entrant, so if you are selected as a winner, you will be ineligible for additional prizes.
Be sure to follow @SQLServer throughout the month of April – the more daily questions you answer, the more chances you have to win! See complete contest rules below.
Thank you again SQL Server community for a wonderful year and for joining us in this celebration of the one year anniversary of SQL Server 2012!
* * *
SQL SERVER 2012 ANNIVERSARY DAILY SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the ‘SQL Server 2012 Anniversary Daily Sweepstakes’ (“Sweepstakes”) promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 9 a.m. PT on April 4, 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on April 30, 2013 (“Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of 27 daily Prize Periods. Each Prize Period will begin at 9 a.m. PT and end at 11:59 p.m. PT each day during the Entry Period. You may enter one time per Prize Period.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are professional or enthusiast with expertise in SQL Server or Business Intelligence and are 18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate
• You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
At 9:00 am PT each day a new Sweepstakes “question of the day” will be posted by @SQLServer. You will earn a Sweepstakes Entry when you do all of the following within the Entry Period:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once logged into your Twitter account follow the links and instructions to become a follower of SQLServer at @SQLServer.
- From your own Twitter account, reply to @SQLServer with your answer to the posted Sweepstakes question of the day. You may only reply to the Sweepstakes question the day it is posted; you must enter each daily prize period separately
- Your tweet must contain the #sql2012anniversary hashtag to be eligible for entry and your tweet must not be longer than 130 characters, including the #sql2012anniversary hashtag
Limit one Entry per person and Twitter account per daily Prize Period. For the purposes of these Official Rules, a “day” begins at 9 am PT and ends at 11:59 PM each day during the Entry Period. However, on April 30th, 2013 the day starts at 9:00 am PT and will end at 2 pm PT. If you reply with more than one answer per day, all replies received from you that day will be automatically disqualified.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason, or for entries that do not include your Twitter handle.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that do not meet the requirements described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around 5 pm each day beginning April 4 and ending on May 1, we, or a company acting under our authorization, will randomly select one winner from among all eligible Entries received in the previous daily Prize Period to win a Microsoft branded swag pack, approximate retail value, US$100. Pack includes Microsoft/SQL Server branded personal and business use items. Prizes are limited to one prize per promotional entrant, so if you are selected as a winner during this promotion, you will be ineligible for additional prizes.
Selected winners will be notified via a Direct Message (DM) on Twitter within 48 business hours of the daily drawing. The winner must reply to our Direct Message (DM) within 48 hours of notification via Direct Message on Twitter. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, or you do not respond within 48 business hours, we will award the prize to an alternate winner as randomly selected. Only one alternate winner will be selected and notified; after which, if unclaimed, the prize will remain unclaimed. Prize packs will be shipped within two weeks of each winner’s confirmed response.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf.